BNL - BFstuff Nordic League
Battlefield 3 - 8vs8 Conquest - Spring Rush 2015 Rules Concept
ANNUAL SEASON -SYSTEM
BNL Nordic League is an open league for European teams which runs annual seasons and smaller cups. Season lenght varies depending on how large divisions there will be / how many clans will participate each season, usually taking around 2 months for a season to finish.
Read the rules carefully through before you sign up! Also check out that your team fulfills required conditions for gaming at BNL!
Beginning and ending of a season, and all the other most important news will be announced at frontpage post.
1. RULES IN GENERAL
1.1 || GAME MODE AND GENERAL INFO ||
League is running 8 vs 8, Conquest Small and Conquest Assault #2 on Back to Karkand -maps, only on PC platform. Tickets are set to be stable 250 on Conquest Small -maps and on Conquest Assault maps 200 for defender. The winner of the round is the one who has the most tickets.
Spring rush -cup consists of regular season. During the regular season clans will play once against every other team in their division. Teams will be divided into three different divisions by their skill - HIGH, MID and LOW. Preferred gaming phase will be one match each week, with default gaming day to be the current rounds SUNDAY 20:00 CET. Clans will deal the date and time by themself if they want to change the default time - all of the matches needs to be played within the time limit of 13.4.2015 - 29.5.2015. If the date needs to be forced by the admins, it will be forced to SUNDAY 20:00 CET. Clan who wants to deal or change some date, should propose another one as soon as possible. Clans are allowed to refuse the suggested start times for their matches outside the range of 18:00-21:00 CET. But if both parties accepts it is allowed to match at any dealed time of the day. If there is less than 48h untill the match should be played the date cannot be changed. If teams arent able to play some of their matches, scores will be nulled or given WO to the active partie.
Match has to start within the first 30 minutes from the dealed starting time. After the 30 minutes team is allowed to do an WO report. Also if opponent doesnt have 6 or more players at dealed gaming server during the first 15 minutes from the match starting time, team is also allowed to do WO report. Read more from section 3.2 NO SHOW!
1.2 || MAP POOL AND SCHEDULE||
These maps are played in Nordic League:
Grand Bazaar - Conquest Small / ConquestSmall0
Teheran Highway - Conquest Small / ConquestSmall0
Caspian Border - Conquest Small / ConquestSmall0
Seine Crossing - Conquest Small / ConquestSmall0
Operation Firestorm - Conquest Small / ConquestSmall0
Damavand Peak - Conquest Small / ConquestSmall0
Kharg Island - Conquest Small / ConquestSmall0
Strike at Karkand - Conquest Assault #2 / ConquestAssaultSmall1
Shargi Peninsula - Conquest Assault #2 / ConquestAssaultSmall1
Gulf of Oman - Conquest Assault / ConquestAssaultSmall0
Map rotation schedule for WinterCup:
WEEK 16 - 19.04. : Caspian / Shargi
1.3 || SIGN-UP||
WEEK 17 - 26.04. : Bazaar / Damavand
WEEK 18 - 03.05. : Firestorm / Karkand
WEEK 19 - 10.05. : Kharg / Seine
WEEK 20 - 17.05. : Teheran / Oman
WEEK 21 - 24.05. : Caspian / Bazaar
Before the season start there's certain Sign Up -time limit for clans to decide do they participate, announced at frontpage news and banner. If clan decides to participate, team leader will sign his clan from main menu SIGN UP -link. After signing, you should see your team in Sing up -section of main menu. Doing that you've got your clan to participate at upcoming season if it fulfills the required elements. Write the skill level / division of your team to "Additional info" part so admins can place teams into right divisions! We'll try to create divisions as equal as possible.
1.4 || PROHIBITED WEAPONS, PERKS AND ITEMS ||
The following perks or items are not allowed to be used:
* M320 and GP-30 (Buck and Smoke allowed)
* Tactical light (also includes handweapons)
* IRNV Scopes on weapons
* Thermal Optics of any kind of on vehicles (except tank CITV STATION / 3.rd place)
* Spawn beacon
* MAV drone
1.5 || VEHICLE RESTRICTIONS ||
* A team is allowed to use only one UCB (Home Base) tank at a time, meaning that rest of the tanks have to be destroyed, stolen or not taken from their spawn place. If the tank gets stolen by the enemy team or destroyed, you're allowed to take another one. When tank/any vehicle is stolen it's considered as enemy vehicle and you can steal it back except jets.
* Only one jet from UCB can be used at a time, entering into a jet is concerned as usage. When the jet is abandoned/bailed, another one can be mannered right away.
* Stealing enemy resources (excluding jets) is allowed. Meaning you're not allowed to steal enemy jet/jets!
* There are no restrictions on light vehicles, such as boats and jeeps.
* All vehicles that spawn to flags are free to be operated by both teams, in Conquest Assault mode defender vehicles are considered as flag vehicles.
2. SERVER SETTINGS
3rd Person Vehicle Cameras: ON
Regenerate Health: ON
Startdelay: 30s (default)
Vehicles Spawn Time: 100% (default)
Spawn only on Squadleader: OFF
Unlocks: all unlocked
Here's rules for direct server settings -input:
vars.gamePassword "YOUR PASSWORD HERE"
vars.serverName "YOUR SERVER NAME HERE"
admin.password "RCON PASS HERE"
3. MANAGING AND MATCHING
3.1 || PLAYER RESTRICTIONS AND INSTRUCTIONS ||
Each team must have at least 8 active players to be accepted to the upcoming season. Players needs to be put into teams roster before the first gaming week of the season. During the season clans are allowed to change / add more players into their roster without admin permissions and actions. All players must be registered on the website and have their Battlelog username entered in their profile. Clan leader / Team owner is obligated to update hes players ID into the team roster if they change their names. The player must also be added as an active player in the league in the "Team Management" section (example picture below). It is also up to the Team leader to ensure that the right Battlelog ID is filled in when the player is activated for the team. Guideline is that the team leaders/owners build up their seasonal squad before the season goes live!
Individual player can belong to only a one active team/clan for ongoing season. Player is allowed to switch hes team but can belong only to a one squad at a time. There is no maximum limit of switching your team but admins will advert to constant team switching; this means we dont allowe people to jump from a team to another without a good reason! Multi-accounting is forbidden.
3.2 || NO SHOW ||
Team needs to have atleast 6 players online on the dealed matchserver 15 minutes after the start-time of the match and the match has to start within 30min from the starting time if delay isn't dealed, otherwise the opponent will get a WO/forfeit victory (if the opponent has 8 players on the server ready to match). Example: match time 20:00 : untill 20:15 teams have to have atleast 6 players on the server - 20:30 match has to start, with 6 or more players. Match can be played 6vs8 or 7vs8 if another team cannot get 8 players.
* WO-Victory = 150 tickets / round, so having an full forfeit victory over a opponent your team will gain 3 points by 600-0 ticket win (also on B2K maps).
If teams arent able to contact each others any way, then the date and time will be forced to be the current rounds Sunday 20:00 CET. Allways try to contact your opponent or atleast write into match comment -area to avoid no-show issues! Also read section 4.1!
3.3 || FREELANCERS ||
Before the start of each match, both team captains should check if the opponent has a player in match server who is not in opponents BNL roster/squad (called Freelancer). Maximum amount of freelancers playing for a team is two players. Every player can be a freelancer to any team, but the opposing team have to accept the usage of freelancer/s. Freelancer cannot be brought into a match during it without having an approval from theopponent. Team has to bring their freelancers into match server before the first live round or atleast introduce possible freelancers they might have to use before going live. If the game starts without checking the players or if an agreement is made between the teams that it is authorized to use a freelancer, it has been approved by the teams and therefore there can not be any protest filled against this rule.
If you dont agree that a team is playing with freelancers you need to have screenshots of the teams squad + screens from ingame and send a protest to us.
Protests should be sent to:
3.4 || HOMETEAM AND SERVERS ||
"Home team" is obligated to provide an server for the match - their own or loan/rent one, meaning it is home teams duty to search an server where the match can be played at. Home team also can choose which side (US or RU) they'll start the first map. Challenger/2.nd team is allowed to decide their starting side (US or RU) on second map. Maps will be played in that order they're put into the match sector/details. Teams are allowed to change the gaming order of the maps if both parties agree to. Home team is the one whose name/tag is the first one in match details, an example below:
Team Xapso vs. eXplicit | 10.10.2011 20:00 CET| Caspian / Shargi - in this example Team Xapso is the home team and first map to be played is Caspian Border, Xapso is allowed to select their starting side (US or RU) at Caspian and eXplicit at Shargi.
Server where match is going to be played needs to be accepted by both parties. Test server before going live! If server is unplayable to more than 2 players of the team, another one needs to be tested if there's another one available. When live round is started, it cannot be stopped due server/lag issues! Remember, server is allways an compromise. No team should play on a unplayable laggy server, so respect your opponent if they say your server is bad for them. Try to find good solution with your opponent what comes to the server! If you cannot find one good server to play at, split the match; first would be played on server A and second on server B!
Servers for matching in Nordic League should be located at European Union area and have no more than 150ms ping. Also read section 6.3 SERVER CRASH!
Clans are obligated to rent their own server or search and loan some server for their match. Servers arent provided by the BNL.
3.5 || IN-GAME RULES ||
* Live -round begins when both teams are agreed to be ready. Team can stop live round 2 times in row during the timer. After the timer has ended, round is live!
* It is allowed to replace all in all up to four players during the match.
* No pauses are allowed through a round.
* If player is having connection problems during a round or otherwise cannot continue gaming through the round, it's allowed to replace that player. A maximum of 2 players can be replaced in a one single round. If team is going to replace quitting player with a freelancer, the freelancer has to be accepted by the opponent, in-game or before the match.
4. BEFORE MATCH
4.1 || CONFIRMING YOUR MATCH ||
Contact your opponent somehow before the match. For example, use BNL league site where you can post into your match comments or use league sites personal messenger. Exchange server infos plus let your enemy know if you would want to change something (match date & time) or ask do they allowe usage of freelancer for instance. Every match/clanwar needs to be confirmed by both teams to avoid no-show issues. Confirm you have or that you dont have line-up ready atleast 24h before the actuall matching time! If team doesnt confirm their match 24h before the scheduled time (write their confimation to war comments) opposing team is allowed to take WO victory if they provide a screenshot with a date and time included which shows they had have full line-up ready on some match server at the dealed/default match time.
Each team should have at least one player represented on the BFstuFF Nordic League IRC channel ( #Bfstuff @ Q-net ). If you don’t have an IRC client you can access the channel through this link:
5.1 || POINT SYSTEM - REGULAR SEASON||
BNL Clanmatch consists of 2 maps, where you will be able to get 1 point for each won map + 1 point for the team with the most tickets after the match. If some map will be played as a draw (after the rounds amount of tickets are even, 100-100 for example) theres no points given from that round. In a total draw situation both teams will gain 1 point. The possible scores for the match are:
Team 1. 3-0 Team 2. - winner team (Team 1.) wins both maps and by that gains more tickets (700-0, 450-12, 313-105, etc.)
Team 1. 2-1 Team 2. - Team 1. wins an map aswell as Team 2. but Team 1. has more tickets all in all (390-350, 155-150, 257-35, etc.)
Team 1. 2-0 Team 2. - Team 1. wins an map and another map is played as draw (Rounds: 175-0 + 18-0 + 125-0 + 0-125 = 318-125)
Team 1. 1-1 Team 2. - Team 1. wins an map aswell as Team 2. and tickets are even (450-450 etc.)
5.2 || ENTER THE SCORE ||
The clanleader/team owner of the winning team submits the score into the match comments and clan who lost has to accept the score by posting an approval. If approval isn't posted within 6h after the match has ended, posted scrore is considered automaticly approved. Clans are allowed to do protest for 48h after the match has ended. Admins will update the score into the leagues ranking as soon as possible.
Report like this:
MAP 1. NAME:
Example: FiRe vs. BS | 2012-11-08
1. round: TEAM1 150 - 0 TEAM2
2. round: TEAM1 77 - 89 TEAM2
MAP 2. NAME:
1. round: TEAM1 203 - 0 TEAM2
2. round: TEAM1 95 - 0 TEAM2
Points 3-0 for TEAM1
Screenshots of tickets arent required to get match confirmed if opponent approves the result aswell. Still we encourage clans to take screenshots from the end screen so the result cannot be opposed!
If you feel something unacceptable happened and you can not solve the issue/problem with your opponent then contact any of the admins and explain what happened or send protest.
Protests should be sent by e-mail to:
*Include all the needed info or evidence you have in it; like screenshot, link to stream, etc.
*Describe the problem properly! What the protest consists of or/and against whom!
*If it's an delicate matter keep it quiet and let the admins do their job before you start flaming all over!
6.1 || BUG-USING / CHEATING ||
* Any use of cheats and glitches in the game is obviously strictly prohibited.
* The player who gets taken for cheating will immediately receive a 2 year ban from BNL and the clan who the player plays for will automatically lose all matches where the player has played.
* If a player already has a ban for cheating(Punkbuster, GGC-stream, ESL ect.) in either Battlefield 3 or Battlefield 4, on either main or second account, that is less than 1 year old the player is not allowed to play in BNL. If a team uses a player that has a ban for cheating less than a year old it would be considered using a cheater and the matches he played will be default lost. The player will also receive 2 years ban starting from the time he last got taken for cheating.
* If a player has a ban for cheating(Punkbuster, GGC-stream, ESL ect.) in either Battlefield 3 or Battlefield 4, on either main or second account, that is more than 1 year old the player can apply for permission to play. Depending on how old the cheating-ban, and where you are banned from, there can be some terms that the player has to do(recording for example) if the player gets permission to play. If a player don't get permission before playing, it would be considered using a cheater and the match will default loss. The player will also receive a ban from BNL. The time of the ban will depend on the violation.
* If a player has a ban for cheating that is older than 3 years it will not be taken into consideration and you don't need to apply for permission
* If a player receive a ban from BNL and that runs out, he still need to apply for permission to play.
* Admins can at any given time without furter reason demand a player to record there gameplay. If admins require handcam recordings, player has to be able to provide them. (READ MORE FROM 6.2 FORCED RECORDING).
* If team breaks some rule in game, penalty will be given depending on severity of it. Admins will handle every conflict individually. Minimum penalty will be -100 tickets from round score; example tank driver uses thermal optics. We encourage teams to have good sportsmanship here with these issues! Accidents do happen, before doing a protest let the enemy team know what they're doing wrong. If you cannot solve the issue with your opponent then contact the admins. As said, admins will take a look individually into every conflict.
* Intentional use of map, vehicle and weapon glitches of any kind from which your team can gain advantage leads to automatic round loss. If you accidently get yourself into a map glicth position stop playing and suicide if you are not able to retrieve from that position - accidents can happen and we will not punish players for those, only for intentional usage of glitches. Using LAV reactive armor glitch will be considered as intentional glitching! This means stealing enemy LAV with this reactive armor glitch at Bazaar or overtime traveling outside of the maps playable area are forbidden. Map area is allowed to be passed only for the duration of the timer.
* Some maps contain rooms and places into which you can enter by destroying some wall or jumping from another building. We accept usage of these rooms as long as the player can be killed in there and the room itself aint glitched - meaning you cannot see or walk through walls or anything like that! Dont risk and try to push the limits on what is allowed and whats not! Part of these rooms are "gray zone" issues.
* Ghosting/boosting is forbidden - meaning player isn't allowed to let someone else to play on his account, and changing your players ID to match with some accepted players ID. Serverlogs with IP's and GUID's are required to prove this.
6.2 || FORCED RECORDING ||
If admins will force a player to record his gameplay, the recording has to be done with these instructions. If not, admins are allowed to decide are the recordings suitable to be used as a proof of innocence. Recordings have to be uploaded within the timelimit admins will give to the player. Videos doesnt have to be published as a public videos. Without a permission admins are not allowed to show the videos to any other than the court consising of trustees.
- Minimum recording quality of 480p (fullscreen).
- HUD numbers and player names are clearly readable.
- Whole round recorded (start timer to the last ticket).
- Sounds included and be in sync with the video.
- No music or any added material to the recording.
- No clipping of any kind.
- No changes to the original framesize.
- VOIP is not required and can be muted.
- Any kind of video editing is forbidden.
If handcam recordings are required, player has to be able to provide a recording where hes gameplay video can be clearly in sync with hes handcam video. Handcam video has to show the whole mouse and hand, and a corner of the monitor/screen by which it can be linked with the actual gameplay video.
6.3 || CLIENTSIDE PROGRAMS AND MODS ||
* All external programs controlling or editing Battlefield 3 are for forbidden, except BF3 settings Editor.
6.4 || SERVER CRASH ||
If the server which clans have chosen to play their match at or some rounds of the match crashes during a live round, clans have three options to choose from how they proceed. It's up to the clans to negotiate between themself which option they choose to go on with! If both teams doesnt agree to go on with OPTION 1. or 2., then OPTION 3. is forced to be the procedure.
OPTION 1. Use the last ticket amount recorded/remembered as a result of the round. Deal with your opponent, both teams needs to accept this method!
OPTION 2. Replay the whole round. Start a fresh round and ignore the scores of the crashed round. Deal with your opponent, both teams needs to accept this method!
OPTION 3. Play a new fresh round and include tickets of the crashed round into the round score. Example : when crash happened situation was Team A 132 - 49 Team B. Then a new round was played, score Team A 59 - 0 Team B. Final score of the match round is Team A (132+59=191) - (49+0=49) Team B.
If server crashes more than twice during a match, enemy is allowed to demand server change or postpone the match/rest of the match to another date.
GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!
Caponx, BFstuff (webmaster)
NORDIC LEAGUE - OFFICIAL RULES CONCEPT - Spring Rush @ 2015